Manage episode 297895088 series 2030630
Julia Galef (@juliagalef) is the host of the Rationally Speaking podcast, co-founder of The Center for Applied Rationality, and author of The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't.
What We Discuss with Julia Galef:
- How to spot bad arguments and faulty thinking -- even when the source is you.
- The difference between having a soldier mindset that defends whatever you want to be true, and a scout mindset that's motivated to seek out the truth regardless of how unpleasant it might be (and which you should try to cultivate).
- How to tell if you're making reasonable mistakes or foolhardy leaps of faith that carry consequences far outweighing the value of the lesson.
- The best ways to manage and respond to uncertainty.
- How your brain matches arguments you misunderstand with ones you've already decided you don't agree with -- and what to do about it.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/536
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!