Manage episode 269860635 series 1340564
Paul is here!
Run Time: 1:15:10
We start off with some... non-technical difficulties. After that, some goofs, some introductions, and more goofs, we talk about voting for episodes in September.
- Tuesday, September 1st: Publishers’ Note #2
- Tuesday, September 8th: Episode #155 - Creative Process: Ra Villains
- Tuesday, September 15th: Publishers’ Note #3
- Tuesday, September 22nd: Episode #156 - Writers’ Room: An issue of Terminal Ballistics, ft. Setback & Expatriette
- Tuesday, September 29th: Publishers’ Note #4
Then, finally, around the 22 minute mark, we get to your questions. Featuring a brand new song from Trevor!!!
Our plan was to read a bunch of letters from listeners and then also take questions from the chat. Instead, we got through a few letters, and then the multitude of questions from the chat overwhelmed us and we gave up on letters for this week, just to get through all the chat questions. Which ended up being great!
Around the 55 minutes in, ThePayneTrayn asks a question in the chat about brewing beer, which is a topic Paul has a lot of experience and knowledge on. Paul describes an all-rye ale that he has brewed, which was met with demands for the recipe. Here is that recipe, from Paul himself!
- 6lb malted rye
- 1lb medium crystal malt
- Starch conversion with 2.25gal h2o at 148F for 2 hours
- Mash out at 170F. Sparge with 3 gal h2o
- Bring to a boil. Add 1oz Holdings hops. Boil 45 min. Add 0.5oz Bramling hops. Boil 15 minutes. Add 0.5oz Bramling hops.
- Ferment with Wyeast 1968 London ESB yeast
Finally, we mentioned that next Publishers' Note will be a great time to ask Paul questions about his involvement in Spirit Island lore. If you have questions for Paul (or for Christopher and Adam), use our handy question submission form!
See you next time!