Manage episode 265827105 series 2727549
What does the government really know about UFOs? Does our military possess information about unexplained aerial phenomena that remains unknown to the general public, and what are their attitudes toward it?
For several years now, we have slowly been getting a clearer picture of what the U.S. government does—and does not—know about UFOs. As shown by the recent “official” release by the Department of Defense of three UFO videos previously made available online in 2017, the government certainly has been keeping some information about the subject. However, they also admit that they still can’t identify the objects in the videos.
Yet with all of the attention the Navy, Air Force, and other branches are getting these days with relation to UFOs, when it comes to asking what the “government” really knows, there is one agency that seems to attract a lot less attention: NASA. This week on The Micah Hanks Program, we delve into what the U.S. space agency has to say about unexplained aerial phenomena, as we go in search of NASA's "secret" UFO files, tucked away within a little-known aviation safety reporting database.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah's other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- The mysterious X-37B space plane is going back into orbit — here's what it'll be doing up there
- Salmon Respond to Earth's Magnetic Field, And We Might Finally Know How
- UFO Sightings | Solar System Exploration Research
- Identifying UFOs - Night Sky Network - NASA
- “Unidentified flying objects in classical antiquity,” NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- ASRS - Aviation Safety Reporting System
- The Ghost Rockets: Mystery Missiles and Phantom Projectiles in Our Skies
- FarAim.org Entry for “Unidentified Flying Object Reports”
- NASA’s Office of Safety and Mission Assurance Planetary Protection Page
- “Assessment of the Report of NASA’s Planetary Protection Independent Review Board”
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.