Manage episode 239846071 series 125182
Hello and welcome to episode 189 of The Mindful Kind podcast.
In this episode, I'm sharing my thoughts on a struggle I used to experience regularly, which I call the "Happy Later Fantasy".
When I was indulging the "Happy Later Fantasy" I was escaping my reality (because I felt like it wasn't good enough) to picture my "perfect future" and all the happiness I would feel one day.
The problems with doing this on a regular basis?
- I was practicing the opposite of gratitude by focusing on all the things I didn't like in my life
- I wasn't taking responsibility for finding happiness in my daily life - I was just waiting for it to magically appear once I achieved certain things.
Here are 3 tips to stop indulging in the "Happy Later Fantasy":
- Be more mindful and appreciate the meaningful moments in your daily life
- Deliberately create happiness by engaging in hobbies and self-care, spending time with loved ones and exercising regularly
- Let go of pressuring yourself to have a "perfect" future
Thank you so much for listening and I hope you have a wonderful week, Mindful Kind.