Manage episode 273126037 series 2708705
The mask debate has become highly politicized and fueled by emotion. But instead, what if we approached life with logic, science, and reason? On this episode of the Model Health Show, my mission is to provide you with the tools you need to evaluate scientific studies and prepare yourself to shut down the cognitive biases that we all hold.
We’re digging into the studies on mask efficacy, preventing infection, and health outcomes in the US. You’ll learn about different types of masks and how they perform in scientific studies, plus how to actually understand the results of the data. This episode also contains real ways you can protect your family and your community during a public health crisis.
I hope this information inspires you to always approach life with a sense of curiosity and to stand up for logic and rationality. Most importantly, I hope this episode encourages you to put your time and energy toward real solutions that contribute to your health, as well as the health of those around you.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The behaviors and activities your genes expect you to participate in.
- What the number one risk factor for having a severe reaction to COVID-19 is.
- How our cognitive biases can stop us from being logical.
- What happens when an infected person coughs into a petri dish while wearing a mask.
- How a randomized control trial works.
- Data on the efficacy of a mask for preventing illness.
- The importance of through handwashing for preventing infections.
- How many Americans are obese or overweight.
- The top three causes of death in the United States.
- How cloth masks can actually increase risks of infection.
- Tangible ways to help improve the health of those around you.
- The power of having curiosity.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Themodelhealthshow.com/onnit -- Get your optimal health supplements at 10% off!
- Themodelhealthshow.com/thrivemarket --Join today to get your free gift!
- Mask Facts: The Science & History of Masks in Medicine
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation