Manage episode 266675264 series 1794311
In this conversation with Calsin Hoyle of Molecular Food and Cocktails, some of the topics we discuss include:
- Calsin’s journey from Nairobi, Kenya, to Neuroscience labs in the DC area, to a budding cocktail and dessert company.
- What molecular mixology actually IS and which techniques and ingredients normally fall under this umbrella category.
- The magic of spherification and how gelling compounds can add depth and complexity to your favorite cocktail.
- How Calsin pivoted from events to DIY cocktail science kits in the wake of the Coronavirus health crisis
- Which DIY cocktail kits have launched so far, as well as which drink experiments are on the horizon
- Advice for staging cocktail pictures as beautiful as the ones on Calsin’s Instagram page.
- How to prepare for your next boozy, flavorful vacation in Zanzibar
- And much, much more