Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 10, 2020 16:08 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 251749203 series 2570674
Ellen Pao received international attention when she filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against Silicon Valley venture capital fund Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. She lost her case, but the lawsuit catalyzed a conversation we’re still having today about the lack of diversity in the workplace.
In this episode, Ellen and I discuss:
- Ellen’s experience at Kleiner and what prompted her decision to file the gender discrimination lawsuit
- What Ellen would do differently, knowing what she knows now
- How much (or little) progress we’ve made in educating people about diversity issues
- How today’s workers, regardless of their own gender, orientation, ethnicity, or ability, seek out employers who have a proven commitment to fostering diverse and inclusive workplaces
- Why an inclusive and diverse culture starts with the leadership of the CEO
- Ways to confront bias and discrimination at work
You can find this interview, and many more, by subscribing to the New Rules of Work podcast on Apple Podcasts, on Spotify, or on our website.
To read the full transcript, click here.