Manage episode 267597520 series 2761282
As a Dad, how do I leave a legacy of loving and living the Word?
Listen in on this week’s Father’s Day edition of The Noble Man podcast as Mike talks with Dr. Brian Autry, personal friend, and Executive Director of the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia. Join Mike and Brian as they discuss what it is like to be a son, husband, father, friend, and spiritual father, and how The Noble Man Shares the Word with His Family.
- Start where you are, and get in the Word.
- Model your faith in reading and responding to the Word.
- Respond to pastoral instruction.
- Don’t forsake assembling together with the brethren.
- Be available and present.
- Be honest. Dad’s, we’re not perfect, but don’t check out when you miss a day.
- Surround your children with other spiritual fathers.
- Talk about what you are learning about the Word with your children.
- Teach your children to study and apply the Word for themselves.
- Share resources.
- Recount the history of God’s faithfulness in your own lives and experience with your children.
- Ephesians 1:3-6
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- 1 Corinthians 4
“If my limits become his ceiling then shame on me.”
“Is there someone God is speaking to you about investing in their life.”
“Not a day of your life has been wasted because the Lord has been preparing you for the work that God has given you to do.”
“We can continue to press on as earthy fathers because we have a Heavenly Father who is always with us.”
Chuck Lawless - “If I Were a Dad”
Answer This Week’s 1 Quick Question Survey and see the Roll Call of Spiritual Fathers here.
Be sure to join us next week as we explore how The Noble Man Reads and Studies His Bible.
© Copyright 2020 All rights reserved