Manage episode 269576687 series 2761282
Son of God, Husband, Father, Grandfather, Son, Pastor, Author.Well-being is…
- Honoring God
- Maximizing your life for God – We must be healthy to do this
- Living a balanced life in the physical, emotional, social and spiritual domains
- In first grade I weighed twice as much as the typical kid.
- I walked off the football field for the last time in November 1979 and vowed to never work out again.
- At 360 lbs. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I was a sick man.
- The Lord directed me to the Bible. I studied the word 'body' in the Bible.
- I’ve lost 130 lbs and kept it off. I’m 62 and I’m disease free.
- God healed me through the greatest health book in the world, the Bible!
- Ultimately, I did a sermon series called Bod4God.
- This prompted a movement including a Losing to Live weight loss competition.
- Literally thousands of people have lost tons of weight.
- My besetting sin, the issue I struggle with most is that I like to overeat and under exercise.
- Satan wants to steal, kill and destroy us physically. Jesus wants us to live an abundant, healthy, physical life.
- Food that is near you gets in you. Cut off the temptation at the grocery store.
- Do what you can do. Exercise is movement. Walking is one of the healthiest things you can do.
- God designed us to function in the rhythm of having a Sabbath… some sort of diversion.
- Twice in the Bible, Jesus pulled away from the crowds to rest, even though not everyone had been healed and not every need was met.
- Scripturally it’s a sin to not Sabbath.
- It’s helpful for us as we lead healthy homes, for us to understand how to help our families Sabbath well.
- Get Off the Couch – A Man's A.C.T.I.O.N Plan… It’s essentially a game plan for healthy living.
- Pastors struggle with health issues in large numbers. 76% are overweight.
- Bitterness is a huge health issue.
- If we change the men, we change the family. If we change the pastors, we change the church.
- Think about the force that could be unleashed for the Kingdom if God’s people were all healthy.
- Listen to last week’s podcast, The Noble Man Works for the Lord.
- Reach out to Steve through his website about launching the Losing to Live competition, or to have him speak at your events.
- Remember, Jesus said the gate to heaven is a ‘narrow gate’!
- Bod4God: Twelve Weeks to Lasting Weight Loss by Steve Reynolds
- Get Off the Couch: 6 Motivators to Help You Lose Weight and Start Living by Steve Reynolds
- The Healthy Renegade Pastor: Abandoning Average in Your Health and Wellness by Steve Reynolds and Nelson Searcy
- Taking God to Work: The Keys to Ultimate Success by Steve Reynolds and David L. Winters
- Barna – Five Essentials to Engage Today’s Men
View Show Notes: NobleWarriors.org/Episode21
Leave a Review: If you like what you’ve been hearing, we invite you to leave us a review. Tell us what you love about this episode!
More Resources and Encouragement: NobleWarriors.org
© Copyright 2020 All rights reserved