Manage episode 274406996 series 2761282
As we carry on our theme this month, I am joined by Carey Bates, my former pastor and a man who faithfully invested in me. We met Carey when we first moved to Richmond over 20 years ago.
Before Carey even knew what discipleship really was, he started a group of men studying the Bible in his dorm room. Through the mentorship in his own life, he became passionate about reproductive discipleship. It became part of his DNA and ministry to look for the guy or the group he could invest in, and it all started when a man willing to disciple him said, “Come with me.”
We often don’t feel qualified to disciple others, but Carey helps us understand that as long as we have prayer, a biblical foundation, and fellowship with other men, we’ve got what it takes to begin. He recommends many resources to help us get kicked off. While there is nothing magical about any one resource, it’s a track to run on and get you started. As you listen, I pray you gain confidence to take that first step.
When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Matthew 10:19-20“We are prompted by the Holy Spirit, but we are prepared by our mind.” Resource Recommendations:
- The Bible – Serendipity Bible, or check out Resources on Episode 11: The Noble Man is a Man of the Word
- Point Man – one of my favorites to begin with
- Master Life series – the resource Carey used when he began discipling me
- Navigator material – including The Alongsiders, 2:7, and Design for Discipleship
- Survival Kit by Ralph W. Neighbor, Jr.
- Growing Up: How to Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples by Robby Gallaty
- Operation Timothy
- Tally Ho The Fox! (The Foundation for Building World-Visionary, World-Impacting, Reproducing Disciples) by Herb Hodges
View Show Notes: NobleWarriors.org/Episode30
Leave a Review: If you like what you’ve been hearing, we invite you to leave us a review. Tell us what you love about this episode!
More Resources and Encouragement: NobleWarriors.org
© Copyright 2020 All rights reserved