Manage episode 272961097 series 2761282
Sign up for an exclusive offer for Noble Warriors listeners only: a 30-day FREE trial for Covenant Eyes and you’ll get complete screen protection for your entire family. Promo Code: NOBLEWARRIORS“I get to live in freedom, and freedom feels good!”
This week on the podcast Sam Black joins us from Covenant Eyes screen accountability software. You’ve got to tune in to this one to get perspective and tips on how to protect your family online. It’s not just about building walls, it’s about community.Protecting Our Kids: “Our relationships with our kids help porn proof them.”
- We don’t want to take away their innocence, we want to take away their ignorance.
- Shame them if you want to keep them from talking and promote compulsion.
- It’s not just a men’s issue. We need to talk to our daughters as dads.
- It’s imperative to talk to kids starting very young.
- Model accountability. They need to see the importance of having others in your life.
- Accountability is great, but we need to help each other identify and change ritual behavior.
- Build distance between you and the behaviors and create a new habits.
- Success happens through community; it requires community to create healing.
- God makes community in the church, but you have to step into it.
- Don’t feel defeated. Decide today starts my path for victory.
Protecting Your Family Online: A Parents How-to Guide
Hobbies and Habits: Learn how healthy hobbies and habits can help you break free from porn
Connected: How Strong Family Relationships Lead to internet-Safe Kids
Your Brain on Porn: 5 Proven Ways Pornography Warps Your Mind and 3 Biblical Ways to Renew It
40-Day Challenge – Takes you on your first 40 days of freedom from porn.
FREE SHE Virtual Recovery Summit on Oct 5-9 – Conference for women to Support, Help, and Empower.
More resources – all free!
Join us next week to hear Nate Larkin from the Samson Society, a fellowship of Christian men who are serious about authenticity, community, humility & recovery.
View Show Notes: NobleWarriors.org/Episode27
Leave a Review: If you like what you’ve been hearing, we invite you to leave us a review. Tell us what you love about this episode!
More Resources and Encouragement: NobleWarriors.org
© Copyright 2020 All rights reserved