Manage episode 247450857 series 1659696
Greg Marcus is a practitioner, facilitator, and innovator of American Mussar which is a 21st-century spiritual practice for an authentic and meaningful life. He has a B.A. in Biology from Cornell University and earned his Ph.D. in Biology from MIT. He worked for 10 years as a marketer in the Silicon Valley genomics industry, after which he became a stay at home dad, writer, life balance coach, and biotech consultant. His latest book is called The Spiritual Practice of Good Actions: Finding Balance Through the Soul Traits of Mussar.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Greg Marcus and I Discuss Spiritual Practice of Good Actions and …
- His book, The Spiritual Practice of Good Actions: Finding Balance Through the Soul Traits of Mussar
- The Jewish Spiritual Practice of Mussar
- Taking mindful action in everyday life
- The Soul Trait of Enthusiasm
- Too much of a Soul Trait vs not enough of a Soul Trait
- The middle way as it relates to Soul Traits
- Focusing on a Soul Trait for 2 weeks
- How to move head knowledge into heart knowledge
- The Morning Mantra
- Picking 1 specific action to take
- The Great Wall of Mussar – and how to overcome it
- Handling significant emotional disruption
- How our free will isn’t always accessible to us
- How to slow the train of emotional disruption
- Shadow Soul Traits
- Inverting the Shadow Trait: What is the light that’s casting the shadow?
Greg Marcus Links:
FabFitFun: A women’s lifestyle subscription box filled with full-size premium items that you will love. Give yourself (or someone special in your life!) this gift – use the promo code FEED for $10 off your first box at fabfitfun.com
Calm App: The #1 rated app for meditation. They have meditations, sleep stories, soothing music, and calm masterclasses with may One You Feed Guests. www.calm.com/wolf 25% off a Calm Premium Subscription.
Talkspace: the online therapy company that lets you connect with a licensed therapist from anywhere at any time. Therapy on demand. Non-judgemental, practical help when you need it at a fraction of the cost of traditional therapy. Visit www.talkspace.com and enter Promo Code: WOLF to get $100 off your first month.