Manage episode 264627502 series 1659696
Dr. James Gordon is an American author and psychiatrist known for mind-body medicine. Dr. Gordon is internationally recognized for using self-awareness, self-care, and group support to heal population-wide psychological trauma. He is the founder and executive director of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine as well as the director of Mind Body Studies and clinical professor at Georgetown Medical School at Georgetown University. In this episode, he and Eric discuss his book, The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma.
Click here to schedule a free 30-minute intro coaching call with Eric to see if working 1-on-1 with him is a fit for you to help you build habits that ground and support you in these times of uncertainty.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Dr. James Gordon and I Discuss Healing Trauma and…
- His book, The Transformation: Discovering Wholeness and Healing After Trauma
- The two common and dangerous misconceptions about psychological trauma
- That trauma comes to everyone sooner or later
- How everyone can access the path to healing after trauma
- Post Traumatic Transformation
- The antidote to the fight or flight response
- Ways to experience your own ability to shift feelings of anxiety to calm
- The best time to start healing trauma
- How to heal population-wide psychological trauma
- His wartime work of healing trauma
- Mind-body medicine
- Techniques and expressive meditation for healing trauma
- The role of drawing in dealing with trauma
- The wise guide technique for accessing wisdom and healing trauma
Dr. James Gordon Links:
Skillshare is an online learning community that helps you get better on your creative journey. They have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people. Get 2 FREE months of premium membership at www.skillshare.com/feed
If you enjoyed this conversation with Dr. James Gordon on Healing Trauma, you might also enjoy these other episodes: