Manage episode 304683591 series 1659696
Jonathan Robinson is a psychotherapist, best-selling author of many books, and a professional speaker. His work has been translated into 47 languages. Jonathan has made numerous appearances on the Oprah show and CNN as well as other national TV talk shows. He has spent over 35 years studying the most practical and powerful methods for personal and professional development and is also known for his popular podcast, Awareness Explorers.
In this episode, Eric and Jonathan discuss enlightenment as well as various techniques to explore our awareness.
But wait – there’s more! The episode is not quite over!! We continue the conversation and you can access this exclusive content right in your podcast player feed. Head over to our Patreon page and pledge to donate just $10 a month. It’s that simple and we’ll give you good stuff as a thank you!
In This Interview, Eric and Jonathan Robinson Discuss How to Explore Our Awareness and …
- His definition of enlightenment: a shift in identity from ego-personality to presence and awareness
- Enlightenment is being at peace in the present moment
- His humbling experience of speaking to Mother Theresa
- Experimenting with and being willing to try different techniques to help shift your view
- How having gratitude and saying “Thank You” many times a day can change your experience
- Techniques and phrases for working with our judgmental mind
- Learning to not take our views so seriously
- How being more playful in our lives can bring the feeling of freedom
- His powerful technique for happiness: not letting your mind take over when you’re enjoying something
- The different forms of inquiry we can practice
- Questions we can ask that can reorient ourselves from our problem seeking minds
- Making a pain and pleasure list and scheduling things from your pleasure list
Jonathan Robinson Links:
Upstart: The fast and easy way to get a personal loan to consolidate, lower your interest rate, and pay off your debt. Go to www.upstart.com/wolf
If you enjoyed this conversation with Jonathan Robinson, you might also enjoy these other episodes: