Manage episode 235085541 series 1429114
You know that saying “put your money where your mouth is?” well my guest today puts her science where her mouth is. And puts nutritious plants in the bodies of athletes. So they can put trophies on their mantels and pride in their hearts..? Well, Angie Asche is a sports dietitian and one super smart dairy free cookie. Angie’s been a plant partier herself since 2011 and for the past five years, she’s been running her own private sports nutrition practice called Eleat Sports Nutrition. She advises athletes like pro sports players, gymnasts, ultra runners, figure skaters, and even every day type-a athletes like myself. Her husband, Cody Asche, also plays baseball professionally in the MLB so I got to pick her brain on how these guys manage to eat healthy when they’re always on the road traveling to different dugouts and stuff! Since I’ve dramatically upped my own athleticism in the past couple of years, I may have rapid-fired every question about planty sports nutrition I’ve ever had and Angie demystified it all - from the deal with iron, glutamine, protein and even how to travel with bananas which I still call BS on but whateverrrr…
Press play to hear:
- How to eat before and after your runs
- What’s the deal with protein anyway?
- Can I get enough protein as a vegan or vegetarian?
- How iron figures into the life of the cardio-obsessed person
- How pro baseball players eat on the road
- Supplements that will give your workout an epic boost
- A sports nutritionist’s go-to pre-run breakfast
- How to include sunflower seeds, turmeric and more into your daily diet
- Travel hacks for eating a well-rounded diet on the go
- And tons more!
Links related to this episode: