146. TRUST YO’ HUNGER! And F*CK Your Diet! with Caroline Dooner, author and creator of The F*ck it Diet
Manage episode 236091021 series 1429114
If Caroline Dooner’s name rings a bell, it’s probably because you’re heard of her book, or her massive movement called the “The F*ck It Diet.” Yes, she may have given me more than one anxiety attack as I listened to her long and yo-yoing journey with dieting, but the way she now shits on the inherent flaws of dieting and diet culture (which she backs with so much sound science thank you very very much Caroline) is SO relatable to SO many people. As a fellow past-life comedian, Caroline’s humor, coupled with her compassion, (with again, lots of research) allows her to fearlessly call out all the BS and misinformation that makes us make eating so hard for ourselves, so be prepared to wage no more wars with your grub after you listen. Matcha latte cheers to making “the f*ck it diet” the last diet you ever try!
Yay! Press Play to hear:
- How Caroline Dooner, author of The F*ck It Diet, fixed her tainted relationship with food
- Your hunger is there for a reason and why you need to stop ignoring it
- Why diets make peeps even more food obsessed
- The biggest sign that you’re underfeeding yourself
- No, disordered eaters are NOT only those who are incredibly thin… and other myths busted!
- What mind-blowing stuff the Minnesota Starvation Experiment of the 1940s has taught us about restricting calories and dieting
- And tons more!
Links related to this episode: