155. Gettin’ Spicy with Dr. Josh Axe! Why Herbs Are The Unsung Heroes of Your Plant Party (and how to do Keto with plants)
Manage episode 239934198 series 1429114
Dr. Josh Axe is that dude (and doctor) who seems to have it all figured out. He’s a certified doctor of natural medicine, a doctor of chiropractic and a clinical nutritionist with a passion for helping people get healthy by empowering them to use nutrition to fuel their health. Men’s Health calls him a guru of all things ayurvedic medicine and ancient Chinese medicine, and when I feel like I need to find the culprits of anything that ails me or get the trusted and research backed lowdown on the latest popular plant or wellness trend, I visit his website A BUNCH. As do 17 million other people…a month. I love getting to sit down with a doc who can spill smart stuff on any topic I ask about. In this chat Dr. Axe dished out some wisdom on everything from deplorable keto diet mistakes (it’s NOT about butter fried cheese with bacon, thank you very much) to sneaky and yummy ways to up your herbs and spice intake (if you’re not already on the turmeric band wagon, we’ll getchu there!) and he even takes us a little into woo-ville when he talks about how poor emotional health can lead to major organ health! So let’s roll the tape roll because the doctor will get off his massively popular Instagram account and see..us..now!
Press Play to hear:
- A heartfelt story on how Dr. Josh Axe fell in love with natural medicine
- Tips to encourage your loved one to adopt (at least partially) some traditional medicine practices
- Why the modern-day western medicine doesn’t have all the answers
- How to do Keto the right way AND for the right length of time
- Why herbs and spices are the unsung heroes of your plant party
- Why your emotional health is so crucial for your physical health
- How to understand your element and what that means for your body
- Why personalized eating makes way more sense than one-diet-fits-all
- And tons more!
Links related to this episode: