179. LAUGH WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL: The least horrible parts of being quarantined right now, with Katie Dalebout, Phoebe Lapine + Katie Horwitch
Manage episode 258874525 series 1429114
I’m excited to present a new monthly installment of LAUGH WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL! Lighthearted real life chit chats with smart and articulate people I love while we eat healthy planty foods we love. This episode explores how three of my dearest friends and I are doing our best to healthfully navigate this scary season of Coronavirus quaranatine. At the time of this recording, my mouth was full of snap peas.
Katie Dalebout the host of Let it Out with Katie Dalebout, the author of Let it Out: A Journey Through Journaling and the creator of the Let It Outttt platform and self-growth KITS. You might’ve heard her before in episode 22 of this PIMP podcast. She’s quarantined in sunny LA. Her mouth was full of banana boats.
Katie Horwitch is a writer, speaker and founder of the Women Against Negative Talk platform & podcast. She’s also a spin instructor extraordinaire and her audio workouts on Aaptiv are phenomenal. You heard her before in episode 122 and she’s quarantined in my beloved NYC. Her mouth was full of pickles!
Phoebe Lapine is a cookbook author, chef, and food blogger at FeedMePhoebe.com. She’s written two books, In the Small Kitchen and The Wellness Project, and she hosts the SIBO Made Simple Podcast (+ is writing a third book by the same name)! Her interviewS on this podcast were #37 and #82 and she is quarantined on beautiful Martha’s Vineyard. Her mouth was full of a kosher-for-Passover chocolate chip cookie that she ate before the recording.
Press play to hear:
- Introverts vs. extroverts vs. ambiverts (and how to know the difference)
- The least horrible parts of being quarantine right now
- Connection as self care
- How we’re loosely managing time these days (Horwitch’s protocol chunking schedule is something to hear!)
- How we’re cooking/eating/plant-partying right now!
- This quarantine being a masterclass for what we really most need to learn and heal about ourselves that we’ve been procrastinating on…
- How cooking your friend’s recipes (AHEM: MINE!) can help you feel closer to them right now
- The idea of mindful take out & delivery and how quarantine can help us really learn to feed ourselves.
- How pre-quarantine traveling helped Dalebout learn to nourish again
- Horwitch’s beautiful metaphor about letting our paint dry as we *wait* to come out of this
- My best friend’s advice and comfort about my book launch. And why shiny ain’t always smarty.
- Horwitch’s interesting perspective on the fitness IG live explosion and how “Fitness advice is life advice.”
- And lots more!
Links related to this episode: