Manage episode 264744454 series 1429114
My new friend Susie Moore is an incredibly successful and genuinely glass-half-full kinda beautifully accented gal. Our chat was a necessary breath of fresh air and was chock-full of the kind of life-changing wisdom that I think PIMP listeners crave like cookies. Soul cookies. Easy to digest. Susie’s an kickass coach, writer, TV personality, and author (her latest book is called Stop Checking Your Likes: Shake Off The Need For Approval And Live An Incredible Life). As we mentioned in this talk, she has done ALLLLLL of this and more without a single college degree. That, my friend, goes to show that lack of official credentials is way less harmful than lack of confidence and self-limiting beliefs. Listen to this episode and you’ll be motivated to quit checking yo’ damn likes and use that energy to instead challenge the negative thoughts swirling around in yo’ damn brain! Here’s what my podcast assistant Sinead says is one of my strongest interviews yet.
Press play to hear:
- Why it’s time to change your beliefs around the things blocking you in life
- The magic of the confidence-competence loop
- Why success and failure are the same things just on different points on the timeline
- Your life history doesn’t have to be in the driver seat of your life today
- How to stop checking your likes and caring about what other people think
- Stop taking yourself seriously: we’re all gonna die one day!
- Why living a life you like shouldn’t be uncommon
- How to challenge the beliefs that are causing you grief
- Stop blaming social media… it’s not about the app
- Your worthiness is inherent and non-deletable - accept it!
Links related to this episode: