Manage episode 275678304 series 2807847
It’s no secret that plastics are not only harming our oceans, but also our health.
Dr. Jocelin McLeod is aiming to do something about this issue with her new social enterprise, Stainless Sea.
Stainless Sea is a new business offering a line of high quality, colourful, safe, durable, and eco-friendly utensils (as plastic alternatives), made especially for kids. It was founded by Dr. Jocelin McLeod, a Canadian family physician and mom to four little girls.
Dr. McLeod launched Stainless Sea in response to a position statement released in late 2018 by the American Academy of Pediatrics which outlined the numerous concerns and potential harms of plastics, specifically with respect to the health and safety of our children.
The business has become mission-driven with goals to help educate and raise awareness about the harms of plastics, and also to donate to ocean conservation along the way.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How this physician with 4 kids manages to balance her career, family life and a startup
- Why plastics and food products just don’t mix, especially for kids, and how she is solving this problem
- The steps she took to launching her product business
- Why she chose to add a give-back component to her business
- How she sold out of her initial stock in her first month
Links mentioned on the show:
Connect with Nicole de Larzac
For a limited time, I'm offering a free one hour strategy call. Book one today: https://calendly.com/ndelarzac/strategy-session