Physician-Scientist, Inventor, and Entrepreneur on Living a Healthier Life and the Future of Medicine--Dr. Daniel Kraft
Manage episode 247807531 series 2481550
My guest today is Dr. Daniel Kraft, a Stanford and Harvard trained physician-scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, and innovator. He has over 25 years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical research and healthcare innovation. He is founder and chair of Exponential Medicine, a program that explores convergent, rapidly developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare.
He has multiple scientific publications and medical patents and is often called to speak to the future of health, medicine, and technology and has given 5 TED and TEDMED Talks.
Daniel recently founded IntelliMedicine, focused on personalized, data driven, precision medicine.
He is an avid pilot and has served in the Air National Guard as a flight surgeon with squadrons flying the F-15 & F-16. His research on aerospace medicine has been published with NASA. He is also an Adviser to the XPRIZE Foundation.
In our conversation, we talk about the challenges of turning an idea into reality, the similarities between medicine and aviation, and how to live a longer healthier life. Below are the show notes.
- Career evolution (min. 02:45)
- Aviation vs medicine (min. 06:00)
- Medical simulators (min. 08:30)
- Stanford pager story (min. 12:00)
- How flying is transformational (min. 14:00)
- Yelp for doctors (min. 17:00)
- Turning an idea into a reality (min. 17:45)
- How he learns (min. 24:00)
- How to perform at a high level (min. 24:45)
- How to increase longevity (min. 29:00)
- Things to help kids develop better (min. 35:45)
- Future of medicine (min. 40:00)
- Flying conversation (min. 50:00)
- Social media info (min. 53:00)
Make sure to subscribe so you don't miss an episode
I've also started a monthly newsletter where I send out a few useful or insightful things that have helped me over the last month. You can sign up by clicking here or going to:
LinkedIn-- Justin Lee
This episode was edited by Trevor Cabler
If you got value from this episode, please give the show a review by tapping here and scrolling to the bottom where it says: "Write a Review." Thanks for the support 👊