Manage episode 278602000 series 31584
Post-election thoughts. Managing stress and disagreement. Connecting to gratitude. Weekly wins. And, of course, listener questions. Welcome to another edition of Roll On.
Commanding co-host duties as always is my hype man Adam Skolnick, an activist and veteran journalist perhaps best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
• The importance of actively creating a gratitude practice;
• plant-based holiday ideas;
• how to deal with family stress and disagreement;
• Alex Hutchinson’s essay ‘COVID-19 is like running a marathon with no finish line’;
• the new documentary, ‘Feels Good Man’ and how a meme turned into an alt-right mascot;
• the terrifying capabilities of artificial intelligence;
• Alenka Artnik’s 114m world record free-dive in Egypt.
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you have real conversations in the era of smartphones and social media?
- How do you raise plant-based children?
- How do you balance work, parenthood, and marriage while still making time for personal passions?
Thank you to Adrian from London, Daniel from Australia, and Carlos from Germany for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Athletic Greens: 75 whole food sourced ingredients designed to optimize 5 key areas of health, Athletic Greens is the delicious daily habit that sets you up for a healthy future. I take the packets everywhere I go. So invest in your health without compromise! Go to: athleticgreens.com/richroll and claim your special offer today: 20 FREE travel packs valued at $79 with your first purchase.
Public Goods: One version of every essential in one place. Healthy, high quality, sustainable and affordable home goods, personal care products, and premium pantry staples. Everything is ethically sourced and free of harmful additives. The folks at Public Goods are generously giving listeners of the show $15 to spend on their first purchase — just go to publicgoods.com/RICHROLL or use code RICHROLL at checkout.
ROKA: Cutting edge eyewear & apparel built for top performance. Ultralight construction. Arms-Up Design. Official USAT Partner. If you’re active like me and wear prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses, ROKA combines the no-slip performance you’ve been waiting for with fashionable design. Visit roka.com and enter code RichRoll for 20% off.
Stride Health: The first health insurance recommendation engine tuned & tailored to the life of the individual. Find the perfect health plan for you. Enrollment ends December 15th, so it’s time for you to get covered with the right plan. Just go to stridehealth.com/richroll It’s easy coverage in 10 minutes or less, built just for people like us.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Adam’s Books: Can’t Hurt Me |One Breath
- Bonnie Tsui: Why We Swim
- Book: The Sioux Chef’s Indigenous Kitchen
- Washington Post: Vegetarian and vegan main dishes to anchor your Thanksgiving menu
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Gluten Free Vegan Stuffing Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Vegan Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Vegan Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Almost Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- PlantPower Holiday Cooking: Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Register: Truthsgiving Virtual Four Miler
- The Globe And Mail: COVID-19 is like running a marathon with no finish line. What does sports science say about how we can win it?
- Documentary: Feels Good Man
- New York Times: When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy
- New York Times: Designed to Deceive: Do These People Look Real to You?
- Deeper Blue: Alenka Artnik Dives 114m To Set New Constant Weight Freediving World Record
- New York Times: She Dived More Than 300 Feet Under the Sea. Can She Go Deeper?
- Runner’s World: RED-S Is a Real Problem for Some Runners—Here’s What You Need to Know
- Bloomberg Opinion: How Hydrogen Is and Isn’t the Future of Energy
- Fully: Standing desks, chairs, and ergonomic furniture
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.