Manage episode 241357284 series 1769092
Superhumanship, is a bonus podcast series which we run, that is all geared towards authentic leadership. Each week we try to disseminate the wisdom shared by our guests and provide our two cents too.
We believe that in this day and age, we are all leaders and all people of influence. New age leadership, is upon us. So therefore, we need to adapt and all realise we have this amazing opportunity to contribute to this shift in micro-leadership and micro-influence.
This week we spoke about…
Childhood / Parenting / Relationships:
- Growing up in South Africa taught us to stretch the rules
- The struggle of Apartheid made people very resourceful, created a good work ethic, taught good skills and a certain level of toughness too
- Due to the media and propaganda, people were fearful of Mandela leaving prison - big lesson is to ALWAYS remember there are 3 sides to any story
- Being told as a child that you can do anything
- Make life happen on your own terms
- Funny how the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree
Life Lessons / Learning:
- Adaptability and the importance of it. Change is a standard part of life. It’s critical to embrace change. Change helps you grow as a person and is the only thing that is constant!
- Teaching yourself to do things
- Getting your head down and doing things for yourself
- Building and designing your own path
- Don’t be confined by moulds society places on you
- Entrepreneurial spirit is innate in some people
- Strong work ethic helps pave success
- The importance of travelling and seeing and experiencing different cultures
- Being proud of the South African flag and wanting to build the country up
- The importance of trying many things, and not being afraid to venture out and experiment
- Using all the skills and experience you have garnered over life to take you to the next stage
- Everything adds up and manifests into something which makes more sense later on
- Being really fit doesn’t always equate to being really healthy
- How exercising alone is not enough and a trap that many people fall into
- How a good diet can literally reverse disease, improve your memory, etc
- Food is code in your body. It can lift your mood or lower it
- You are either moving closer to health or away from it
- Nutritionists giving really bad advice - calories in, calories out
- Hospital food - jelly, custard, say whaaaat…?!
- Do your own research and read the opposite of what you think
- Not having good food available in your house leads to bad habits
- The compounding effect of bad and good things
- The unnatural ingredients in our food - preservatives, flavouring, colourants, artificial sweeteners etc
- Dose dependent - Paracelsus Law
- If you want to feel good, look good and perform at your best, you have to put some effort and time and money into these things
- Eating healthy tips
- The change of mindset you experience when you get healthier
- Having two different opposing ideas can be right at the same time
- The importance of gut health and microbiome
- We are 99% bacteria
- Factors contributing to a healthy gut, vegetables, sleep, exercise, controlling your thoughts.
- Gut bacteria takes 6 months to reset, drug resistant bacteria is a future problem
- Achieving goals formula: Set an immovable deadline, make a financial commitment and pay upfront, make a public announcement and tell it to everyone.
- Pain in life can be a teacher
- Patience and time is so important to build something of value and high standards
- Learn to listen to your gut, be authentic and then use intellect and language in different ways to explain where you want to go as an entrepreneur
- Creating a structure and environment at work which makes people want to come into the office and feel part of it
- The Bambuseae Rhythm Section - Check them out here
Right Hook Request
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
We know this is always a big one to ask and you hear it a million times but anything you can do to help us get our podcast out there into the ether will be massively appreciated!
Please tell Your Friends & Share Online