Manage episode 243588043 series 2409218
"THERE'S STILL SOME JUICY LEFT IN THAT FRUIT."
On episode sixty-eight, it's all about Alex. And starvation. But mostly Alex. And maybe menopause. And a Magic 8-Ball bowling ball. And soup. And souls and Camaros and angels. ...but mostly Alex.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Boys get emotional about the plight of starving podcasters
- Chicken soup for your ears, now with egg noodles!
- Want to help? Go to Patreon.com/roundsix and decide what level you want
- Touched by an Angel.....is that such a good thing?
- Alex complains about always being in the back of the class
- Brian comes up with a brilliant idea: The bowling ball sized Magic 8-Ball
- Uncle David and his hot rod influence on Alex
- Hot Rods in the neighborhood, and being "that kid"
- Alex's first hot rod, a Schwinn Sting Ray
- The Hustler, always trying to make money
- Making the decision to join the Air Force and work on fighter planes
- Getting out of the Air Force and working on the B-2 Bomber
- Working at Edwards and being surrounded by incredible aerospace history
- Alex the historian and statistics buff who can't cheat at Trivial Pursuit
- The 1969 Camaro road trip and permanent hearing loss
- Being in the service and always having cool cars
- Selling one Camaro and buying another
- Finding out that the '71 Camaro Rally Sport was a very special car
- Alex talks Camaro paint colors, and how the years have made it easier to accept
- Hot rods are always the last to get money and attention
- The guys discuss sunroof ideas for the '71 Camaro
- The Camaro almost got mini-tubbed and ruined
- The ghost of Hardly Earl
- Does this car have a Magnum V8?
- Making quartz countertops from Quartz Juice
- The mostly happy and kinda sad story of the 1958 Chevy truck
- Brian talks about menopause and his secret project involving Ewoks
- Lynn's Dad's 1968 Camaro RS and her childhood memories
- The 1968 Camaro project.......Monster Rally or Stadium 'Maro?
- Starting a new series of building a hot rod by the most frugal means possible.
- Making $11 bucks the hard way
- Roadside milk jugs full of "Gatorade"
- Wilford Brimley joins the show and promotes "Oatmeal Night"
- Favorite Boy Bands and cowboy forehead bandanas
- The emotion comes back, thanks to Sarah McLaughlin
- Round Six discusses their "Chinese Democracy" concept album.