Manage episode 264650106 series 164106
I love a good ‘why’ story. I’ve shared before my story about Bergdorf Goodman and how I’ve become one of their most loyal customers. I like to share that story because it is part of the foundation of my love for customer service that goes above and beyond. As my guest today so wonderfully puts it, “customer service is not a department. It’s a mindset.”
There are probably many more touch points in customer interactions than we realize. Each one is an opportunity. Each touch point can be the moment where a customer feels truly seen, appreciated, and responded to. A big part of keeping people loyal is knowing when to pause and address a moment in a transaction that may be running on autopilot. How can that moment be better? More personal? More present?
To dive deeper into what it means to find your customer service SPARK, I’ve invited back to the show the leader of the SPARK Movement, and absolute joy, Simon Bailey.
Simon T. Bailey has more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality industry, including serving as Sales Director for Disney Institute, and has worked with more 1,800 organizations in 47 countries. Simon has been named one of the top 25 people who will help you reach your business and life goals by SUCCESS magazine, joining a list that includes Brene Brown, Tony Robbins, and Oprah Winfrey. His Goalcast video, released on Facebook, has over 87+ million views worldwide.
Learn how you can be the Ritz Carlton of your business by downloading this episode now.
THE LION KING WARRIOR
“The inner spark is the alignment of my head, heart, and hands.” - Simon Bailey
- Customer service is not a department.
- Internal alignment creates external execution.
- How you start the day, determines the day.
- See. Really see your guest.
- Personalize. Take the time to do something that matters.
- Anticipate. Look around and see what it is not yet.
- Respond. If you hear it, you own it.
- Keep. Keep them with random acts of kindness.
- A big part of keeping people is knowing when to pause.
Guest Contact -
- Simon's Website
- Simon's Twitter
- Simon's Instagram
- Simon's Book - Be the Spark: Five Platinum Service Principles for Creating Customers for Life
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!