Manage episode 268938505 series 164106
I often describe the Creative Warriors community as people who find meaning through their work. Some people are ok with doing less meaningful work because they find meaning in other areas of their life. And others, like many of my coaching clients, are transitioning out of corporate work into that of self-employed to find more meaning in what they do.
There is a common concept in the business coaching world of The Magic Wand. If you could wave a magic wand and do anything in the world and do it well, what would it be? Additionally, I implore my listeners to think about not just what they would do, but why they haven’t tried to pick up that wand yet? With understanding oneself comes the burden of responsibility to actually do the thing. Which, I admit, can be terrifying. And so it is important to peel back the layers that are holding us back. Perhaps society has told you that only certain jobs are meaningful or that you have to be a certain way to do the work that you deeply want to do?
To unpack this further I’ve brought on speaker and author, Tom Morin. After his military career, Tom became a project manager and people leader in multinational corporations. Toward the end of his corporate career, he co-founded Work Innovation Partners before providing consulting and coaching services through Work Feels Good. Tom is an associate faculty member at Royal Roads University and his book Your Best Work shares his own story and those of others who have discovered how to find meaning at work—and, using his powerful three-step process, shows how you can find the courage to shake off stereotypes and expectations, and create a working life that’s uniquely right for you.
To learn how to find work that you won’t want to stop, download this episode now.
THE MEANINGFUL WARRIOR
“A vision is a future state, stated in the present tense.” - Tom Morin
- Purpose drives us; meaning defines us.
- Goals come last, vision comes first.
- Our unique stories are important.
- Society doesn’t always give us permission to be who we are to fit in our work.
- We are told that some jobs are more meaningful than others.
- Society often denies permission for us to find certain work meaningful.
- Sometimes starting with “what” is more powerful than starting with “why.”
- A vision is a future state, stated in the present tense.
- Humans are wired to be good to each other.
- If we can connect what we do with contributing to the well-being of others we will find our greatest motivation to succeed.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!