Manage episode 270413700 series 164106
Cyber attacks are not just against the big guys. The fact is that for a variety of reasons, attacks against small businesses are extremely common. We all need to be concerned, no matter how small or big our business is, especially during times of major distraction or disconnect, like, say, during a pandemic.
We’re in a weird social place right now, we’re stressed, some of us are even desperate. Cyber attackers prey on these times, often by using false information and fake links from sources we recognize to lure the most vulnerable into downloading malicious code or surrendering credentials. These cyber attacks are well-orchestrated, convincing, and truly raise the hairs on the back of my neck.
To help us get us into the minds of cyber attackers I’ve brought on author and speaker, Mark Sangster. Mark is the author of "NO SAFE HARBOR: The Inside Truth About Cybercrime and How to Protect Your Business." He is an award-winning speaker at international conferences and prestigious stages including the Harvard Law School, and author on various subjects related to cybersecurity. Mark has served on the LegalSEC Council with the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), and now advises the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) to establish their cybersecurity policies. His 25-year career was established with industry giants like Intel Corporation, BlackBerry, and Cisco Systems. At BlackBerry, Mark worked on the first secure devices for government agencies.
Learn how to protect yourself from cybercrime, download this episode now.
THE WARRIOR OF PREPARATION
“You can't insure your reputation." - Mark Sangster
- Criminals move around in source code, not zip code.
- The media usually only covers the big breeches so small businesses get lulled into false security.
- Cyber attacks fall into 3 broad categories: ransomware, fraudulent wire transfers, and fishing campaigns.
- You can’t insure your reputation.
- Reputation assasination is a personal attack.
- Most of us don’t understand the complexity and power of our mobile phones.
- Keep good password hygiene.
- When you read it in the news, it’s too late.
- The SBA has guidelines and checklists to help small businesses protect themselves.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!