Manage episode 270969878 series 164106
When you are in business, you are in the wish-granting business. When you really think about it, what you offer is what helps your customers achieve what they’re wishing for. And when you can find a way to communicate what you stand for, how you will grant those wishes, and why you are unique in doing so, you will elevate the humanity of your business.
But it begins with you; especially for the self-employed. What is your backstory? How can you connect the dots of your life to figure out where you fit in the market? My origin story of being a photographer is what distinguishes me in what I do today; I help people truly be seen for who they are and what they do. And so as you set the stage for your business you can then begin to weave in all the elements of your narrative that will ultimately lead your customers to invest in you, the person, the human, not just your brand.
To dive deeper into the Business of Story, I’ve brought on The World’s Most Industrious Storyteller, Park Howell. Park helps leaders of purpose-driven brands grow by as much as 600 percent. His 35 years in brand creation includes 20 years running his own ad agency Park&Co. He was named Advertising Person of the Year in 2010 by the American Advertising Federation of Metro Phoenix. The following year, his agency was recognized among the Top 10 Impact Companies in Arizona by the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. His new book, Brand Bewitchery: How to Wield the Story Cycle System to Craft Spellbinding Stories for Your Brand, helps readers clarify their brand story and teaches how to tell it through three proven narrative frameworks that captivate audiences and convert customers.
Find out how to “hack through the noise and hook the heart” by downloading this episode now.
THE FOOL WARRIOR
“What do you exist to do that is greater than your product or service?" - Park Howell
- Stories literally make us humans.
- We’re all intuitive storytellers. It’s time to be intentional about it.
- Stories hack through the noise to hook the heart.
- We purchase with our hearts and justify with our heads.
- There are three that help you set your narrative: Setting the stage, disruption, and victory.
- Your origin story defines your market category.
- People buy from people. Not from brands.
- We give our customers an emotional promise.
- The most potent story you tell is the one you tell yourself.
Guest Contact -
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer's Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website and are all your marketing materials speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Often it's not which is why you're not converting traffic and leads to clients and attracting your most profitable customers. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. If I have suggestions for you to improve your brand message (I almost always do), we'll set up a complimentary 30-minute call to discuss. A select number of websites are also chosen for my LINGO Review Video Series. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!