Manage episode 272160486 series 164106
For my first official episode of The Self Employed Life, I’m very excited to share a life-changing conversation with one of my absolute favorite authors, Todd Henry. Today we define something that is often glossed over but is essential, not just for the self-employed, but for all of us trying to tackle some of the world’s current major challenges: motivation.
Todd and I discuss what it means to crack your personal motivation codes by understanding our patterns, what makes us tick, and how we can understand the motivational codes of those around us. I love where art and science intersect. And this is how we take the art of living and turn it into a scientific understanding of what uniquely motivates us.
Todd Henry is an author, international speaker, consultant, and advisor. He is the founder of Accidental Creative, and author of The Accidental Creative, Die Empty, and Louder Than Words, which have been translated into more than a dozen languages. Positioning himself as an "arms dealer for the creative revolution", Todd Henry teaches leaders and organizations how to establish practices that lead to everyday brilliance. He speaks and consults across dozens of industries on creativity, leadership, and passion for work.
Start doing the work to understand your own motivational energy, by downloading this episode now.
“We need people fully engaged now more than ever.” - Todd Henry
- Find your personal patterns by starting with your story.
- There are 17,550 possible motivation codes.
- If we can understand the unique code that drives people, we can engage them better.
- There are 27 motivational themes that are the specific ways we are motivated.
- Every motivation is a gift, but it also has a shadow side to it.
- We have big problems to tackle right now. What the world needs more than anything is motivational energy.
- When we’re operating within our motivation code we will bring more discretionary energy to the work we do.