Sometimes all it takes is one little fact or one little piece of wisdom to change your life forever. That's the purpose and the hope of "Something You Should Know." In each episode, host Mike Carruthers interviews top experts in their field to bring you fascinating information and advice to help you save time and money, advance in your career, become wealthy, improve your relationships and help you simply get more out of life. In addition, Mike uncovers and shares short, engaging pieces of " ...
Manage episode 272711784 series 164106
By Jeffrey Shaw, Jeffrey Shaw is a speaker, Small business consultant, and Business coach for en. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
So much has changed so quickly. A lot of us are reevaluating a lot of things right now. Whether it’s seeking your next dream or transitioning from corporate to entrepreneurship, one thing is for sure. Many people are feeling stuck. Sometimes what we need is a life audit. When we get clear on where we are and what our core values are, we can then take a look at our lives and decide where we need to go. But first we have to believe we can get there.We self-employed have to believe we can be unstoppable. To dive into how we can find career clarity, I’ve brought on author and founder of The Nth Degree® Career Academy, Tracy Timm. The Nth Degree® Career Academy, the proven career clarity system that helps high-potential professionals discover, define, and drive careers they love. Tracy has a degree in behavioral psychology from Yale University and studied design thinking with the founder of the d.school at Stanford University. She left a successful but unsatisfying career in finance, traveled once around the world on Semester at Sea, and discovered her ideal career. For more than five years, she has applied these lessons in her career advisory work with hundreds of individuals and over one hundred fast-growing companies. Learn how to develop a nothing-is-wasted-mindset by downloading this episode now. “Take ownership and responsibility for your existence in the world.” -Tracy Timm Highlights –
- The first step is to believe that you have the permission to make change in your life.
- People who are stuck feel like they aren’t allowed to make change in their lives.
- Managing unexpected challenges is about embracing them.
- What’s the value that you have to add into the world?
- It’s important to know your Genius Zone, or niche, to be successful.
- Sustainable success is achieved by knowing your values, to set commitments around those values, not allow anything to go against those values.
- Always ask yourself “What did I learn from this? And what can I bring with me?”
- Logic can help alleviate some of the emotional blocks of feeling dissatisfied.
- Unstoppable Book Website
- Nth Degree Website
- Tracy's Website
- Tracys Twitter
- Tracy's Book: Unstoppable
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!