Sometimes all it takes is one little fact or one little piece of wisdom to change your life forever. That's the purpose and the hope of "Something You Should Know." In each episode, host Mike Carruthers interviews top experts in their field to bring you fascinating information and advice to help you save time and money, advance in your career, become wealthy, improve your relationships and help you simply get more out of life. In addition, Mike uncovers and shares short, engaging pieces of " ...
Manage episode 274950700 series 164106
By Jeffrey Shaw, Jeffrey Shaw is a speaker, Small business consultant, and Business coach for en. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
You must work on finding the icon within yourself in order to become an iconic brand in the world and ensure that your message isn’t instantly discarded. How do we find the icon within ourselves? Try asking yourself, what is the best of my offering that corresponds to the emotional concern of my audience in relation to my product. To breakdown how to stand out in a world full of overloaded content - I’ve brought on Iconist Jamie Mustard. Jamie Mustard is a strategic multimedia consultant, art, design and product futurist, creative artist and Iconist. His passion is to teach the science and “art of obviousness,” helping professionals, change agents, artists, and businesses confidently and at will make their messages, brands and ideas stand out to their desired audiences. Jamie’s Iconist work has spanned some of the world’s leading companies, technologies, artists, designers, creatives, and nonprofits. Learn how to transform your business into an iconic brand - by downloading this episode now. “You don’t need to be iconic to 7 billion people. If you’re iconic to a thousand people in the world that's enough to be sustainable, whatever active work you're doing.” - Jamie Mustard Highlights –
- The average person is bombarded by about over 15 thousand advertising messages a day, which results in them only partially paying attention.
- Anything someone can’t understand before they’ve had a chance to think gets instantly discarded.
- Using blocks ensures that your audience understands you in their lizard brain.
- A block is an icon waiting to happen - something simple but unavoidable that you can easily and instantly understand, not unlike a road sign.
- Monolithic repetitive communication is the anatomy of what makes something iconic.
- It’s important to first find the icon within yourself, in order to make your brand iconic.
- Repetitive emotional concept is the idea that there is an intersect point between the best you have to offer and the emotional concern of your client.
- Magnetize attention with oversized and repetitive messages.
- Jamie Mustard’s Website
- Jamie Mustard’s Twitter
- Jamie Mustard’s Instagram
- Jamie Mustard’s Book: The Iconist
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!