How do I start an online business? How do I build a brand online? How do I get traffic and attention to my online business? The biggest question is, can I start a business online and replace my current JOB? Welcome to The Rock Your Brand podcast show where we answer ALL of these questions and a ton MORE! Scott Voelker, the host will share with you everything you need to know and help you to build a Future Proof Business that will allow you the ultimate Freedom. Scott shares tips and strategi ...
Manage episode 278509290 series 164106
By Jeffrey Shaw, Jeffrey Shaw is a speaker, Small business consultant, and Business coach for en. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Building a successful brand is about so much more than your product itself. It’s about selling the mood your product creates; the experience, from start to finish. From the moment you enter a website and read the description of a product, to the messaging, the packaging, the vessel - it all needs to have a unified presence. This is how you captivate and inspire your client, through storytelling and connecting them to your product. When designing all aspects of your brand - product, packaging, social media, etc - it’s important to pull from what inspires you. Your family history, travel, or current surroundings will help influence the vision of your brand. Storytelling through colors, design, fragrance, or sound can connect all of your inspirations and tie everything in your brand together. To help us better understand how to create a successful and unified brand - I’ve brought on travel and lifestyle expert, and founder of Harlem Candle Company, Teri Johnson. Teri, a native Texan, decided to make the New York City neighborhood of Harlem her permanent home and through intense research, she discovered Harlem’s vibrant and rich past. She started the Harlem Candle Co. in her kitchen in 2014. Through her travels to nearly 70 countries, she discovered the power of scent and its ability to transport you through time and place. Teri now designs fragrances alongside award winning perfumers to produce beautifully scented candles that celebrate the Harlem Renaissance. Learn more about Teri’s successful brand story - by downloading this episode now. “I want to constantly elevate the brand and constantly deliver the best customer service and fulfillment service possible. That’s the goal.” -Teri Johnson Join 17,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive my Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here! Highlights –
- Examine what’s important to you and what you believe; maintain those values while being flexible in your approach to life and business.
- Trust that enough people see value in what you do and want to work with you, be comfortable and confident in that.
- Don’t become so much of an expert that you become selfish more than selfless.
- Be confident that you are giving your client what they need, even if it’s not what they think they want.
- Pattern matching is the essence of everything we do; when you see the patterns, you can solve problems more efficiently.
- You can’t connect the dots moving forward, only when you’re looking back.
- See how your unique ability aligns with what you love to do through stepping outside yourself.
- Teri Johnson’s Website
- Teri Johnson’s LinkedIn
- Teri Johnson’s Twitter
- Teri Johnson’s Instagram
- Teri Johnson’s Facebook
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!