Sometimes all it takes is one little fact or one little piece of wisdom to change your life forever. That's the purpose and the hope of "Something You Should Know." In each episode, host Mike Carruthers interviews top experts in their field to bring you fascinating information and advice to help you save time and money, advance in your career, become wealthy, improve your relationships and help you simply get more out of life. In addition, Mike uncovers and shares short, engaging pieces of " ...
Manage episode 279061591 series 164106
By Jeffrey Shaw, Jeffrey Shaw is a speaker, Small business consultant, and Business coach for en. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
The definition of creativity is traditionally based in the arts, but if you’re an entrepreneur, you know it takes a creative mind to turn an idea into a business. It’s important not to limit yourself by believing you can only be right-brained or left-brained, as this isn’t always the case. You can be both analytical and artistic, creative and methodical. Creativity is problem solving, it’s making something from nothing and if you have started your own business, you’ve already done just that. Try to maintain a constant state of learning and curiosity. Exposing yourself to a variety of people and ideas is a great way to stimulate your creativity. Go to conferences and lectures to educate yourself, go to plays and concerts and visit museums to be inspired and find new ways of doing things. To dive deeper into how to turn an idea into a successful business - I’ve brought on director, photographer, writer, and professor Jeffrey Madoff. Jeffrey Madoff is the founder and CEO of Madoff Productions, a film production company based in New York City, whose clients include Victoria’s Secret, Tiffany & Co., Revlon, and Ralph Lauren. Prior to his work in film production, Jeffrey was a fashion designer and named one of the top 10 designers in the United States. He authored an Amazon Bestseller, “Creative Careers: Making a Living with Your Ideas”, based on the class he developed and teaches at Parson’s School of Design, in NYC. Learn more about the importance of creativity and ideas - by downloading this episode now. “To me, creativity is how we shape and express who we are and what we know.” -Jeffrey Madoff Join 17,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive my Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here! Highlights –
- All creatives have a compelling need to affect some kind of change.
- Expose yourself to a variety of people and ideas to stimulate the creative part of yourself.
- Separate whims from valid ideas through proof of concept. Test it out somehow and make sure there is a market for it.
- If you don’t feel you’re using your talents to the fullest, don’t be afraid to make a career change.
- It’s important to make a living with your ideas to live a more fulfilling life doing something you’re passionate about.
- Constantly research and pose questions to yourself and pursue the answers.
- Elevate your business by studying other companies in similar industries; see what you can learn from them and apply it.
- Jeffrey Madoff’s Website
- Jeffrey Madoff’s LinkedIn
- Jeffrey Madoff's YouTube
- Jeffrey Madoff’s Instagram
- Jeffrey Madoff's Book: Creative Careers: Making a Living with Your Ideas
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!