Manage episode 277147755 series 1101018
Sophia Yen, MD, MPH is the CEO and Co-Founder of Pandia Health, birth control delivery. She has a passion for making women’s lives easier, preventing unplanned pregnancies, and educating women about #PeriodsOptional.
With more than 20 years of experience in medicine, she is board-certified in Adolescent Medicine. She graduated with a B.S. from MIT, M.D. from UCSF Medical School, and M.P.H. from UC Berkeley in Maternal Child Health. She serves as a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Stanford Medical School.
Dr. Yen's company, Pandia Health, is the first-ever female doctor founded birth control company. Men have been leading an industry they know little about, which is crazy to think about. But now, women across the country are turning to Dr. Yen and Pandia Health for birth control (pill, patch or ring) and telemedicine needs. Plus, the science and safety behind skipping your period is a topic often not talked about. In fact, 66% of women have never been informed by their doctor that they can safely stop their period. Dr. Sophia Yen is on a mission to help educate women about this crucial health topic.
Listen in to hear Dr. Yen share:
- How to use birth control as hormonal treatment to manage your life
- How periods have changed over the over time and why we have hundreds of more periods over our lives than women used to (or current women in African tribes currently have)
- The truth about period poverty
- The impact of periods on the environment
- How fewer periods reduces your risk of endometrial, ovarian and colorectal cancers
- How stabilizing hormones with BC support other health issues
- The truth about “pill anxiety” and the mad dash to keep your prescriptions fills
- How to safely use telemedicine
- How to be a conscientious consumer around your health, birth control,
- Join my free 5 Day Abundance & Gratitude Challenge
- Connect with Dr. Yen and Pandia Health
- Yen on FB/IG/Youtube: @pandiahealth
- Yen’s TED Talk: Making Periods Optional
Thank you to our sponsor:
- Cove: Go to withcove.com/shamelessmom for 50% off your first month of medication and free two day shipping.