Manage episode 210826659 series 1663769
In this episode, Dr Nirala Jacobi is in conversation with Heidi Turner about the SIBO Histamine Bi-Phasic Diet and SIBO treatment.
Heidi is a medical nutrition therapist at the Seattle Arthritis Clinic at Northwest Hospital UW Medicine in Seattle, Washington. She counsels those with autoimmune, inflammatory, and degenerative diseases in an effort to decrease their pain through dietary change. She specialises in food intolerances, SIBO, mast cell activation syndrome, histamine intolerance and natural food chemical sensitivities.
Topics discussed include:
- The release of the SIBO Histamine Bi-Phasic Diet (available for free to practitioners) in July 2018.
- Histamine intolerance and what Heidi sees in her practice.
- Why has the Biphasic Diet for Histamine Intolerance been created?
- The SIBO Inflammation relationship to compromised diamine oxidase (DAO) and the impact on patient histamine levels.
- Symptoms of high histamine.
- The issue with low FODMAP diets in relationship to histamine.
- Histamine-containing foods versus histamine liberating foods.
- Foods high in histamine.
- How histamine levels increase in food.
- Which histamine liberating foods are the most problematic?
- How to reintroduce histamine foods and histamine liberators into the diet.
- Patient reactivity to treatment and how to tailor.
- Therapeutic diet timeline.
- Where does the Biphasic Histamine Diet fit into SIBO treatment?
- Decreasing high histamine load rather than eliminating all high histamine foods all the time.
- Heidi’s experience in using the Biphasic Diet for Histamine Intolerance.
- Heidi Turner - available for in person and digital appointments.
- Upcoming LIVE webinar to be co-presented by Dr Nirala Jacobi and Heidi Turner on the Biphasic Diet for Histamine Intolerance as a therapeutic tool:
- How to implement the diet properly
- How to move out of the diet
- Webinar session times with LIVE Q & A afterwards
- Live session - Thursday, July 12th, 2018 in America
- Live session - Friday, July 13th, 2018 in Australia
- Digital copy post-event available on com
- Dr Nirala Jacobi’s 2018 Biphasic Diet
- Join The SIBO Doctor Practitioner forum on Facebook to connect with other practitioners and to be part of the conversation.
- The SIBO Specific Diet from Dr Allison Siebecker