Manage episode 246029259 series 2391409
Our guest for episode 263 of The Speaker Lab is Mike Pacchione and he's giving us his 5 strategies for storytelling from stage.
Mike is a speaker and coach who works with a lot of names you'd recognize and he helps his clients tell better stories during their speaking engagements. You can find out more about his back story on his first visit to The Speaker Lab in episode 9.
We will also do a brief breakdown of one of Seth Godin's stories. You can hear that breakdown and more on the 263rd edition of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What does it mean to prime your audience for a story?
- How do you build credibility into your stories?
- When do details help and when do they hinder your story?
- How many characters in a story is too many?
- Why stories need tension and a release of that tension.
- What does it look like to build the right amount of tension?
- How do you summarize the lesson of your story properly?
- Can you tell a longer story at the beginning or at the end of your speech?
- And much, much more!
- Mike Pacchione's web site
- Mike Pacchione on Twitter
- Full clip of Seth Godin story breakdown
- Breakdown of Sir Ken Robinson's Ted Talk
- Made To Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Speech Breakdowns on YouTube
- Work With Us
- Got questions? Send them in here!
- Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review!