Manage episode 257674351 series 1300303
Today on the podcast, we're talking with Emma Coburn on the incredible success she's had over the last few years.
For nearly a decade, Emma Coburn has been a force to be reckoned with in the 3,000m steeplechase - a notoriously difficult race that requires strength, coordination, and an unwavering focus.
In this conversation, we're discovering how Emma has engineered such a tremendous career over a long period of time. Emma and I talk about:
- What she's doing right now to maintain her momentum now that the 2020 Olympics have been postponed
- The training staples that are consistently present in her training
- Advice for runners who've had their spring races cancelled
- The elements of her training that have changed over time
- Her advice for high school girls transitioning to college track and cross country
- When she knows its time to move out of her comfort zone
Show Links & Resources:
- Follow Emma on Instagram or on Twitter
- Check out Emma's exercise bands (perfect for the ITB Rehab Routine)
- Listen to my interview with fellow steepler Courtney Frerichs
- Sign up for our injury prevention ecourse
A big thanks to our new sponsor, Elevate Running Camp! This is an awesome opportunity to enjoy some of the best trails in the country and a mecca for distance running in Boulder, Colorado.
Elevate is a 4-day, 3-night adult running camp with pro athletes, doctors, and other experts to help you make the most from the retreat. You'll be able to get a post-run massage, do some outdoor yoga, and most importantly, connect with other runners just like you. Plus, you get a swag bag and professional camp photos to post all over your Instagram account!
All ages and paces are welcomed and the price, excluding travel to Boulder, is all-inclusive with lots of great food for runners as well.
While registration is currently closed because of the coronavirus, I encourage you to sign up for their email list on their site. You’ll be the first to know when registration reopens and when it does, you can use code elevatestrength200 to save $200 off a camp of your choice.