Manage episode 286329056 series 2142655
How To Use Cloth Diapers
Cloth diapers have a reputation as the time-consuming and stressful way to diaper a baby. Yet parents who proudly embrace reusables report that the opposite is true: after you learn how to successfully use cloth diapers, the practice provides daily opportunities to connect with your child. Cloth diapering ushers in a unique joy, too.
On today’s show I speak with Gaëlle Wizenberg, founder and Chief of Commerce of Charlie Banana. First, Gaëlle debunks 3 common myths that haunt cloth diapering (They’re time consuming! They lead to frequent blowouts! They’re not all that eco-friendly!).
Next, Gaëlle distinguishes between all the different diapering products on the market, suggests which fibers to consider for inserts, and details how—exactly!—to cloth diaper with both confidence and joy.
Here’s a preview of today’s episode:
[8:30] Why cloth diapers are just as convenient as disposables
[12:45] Is cloth more eco-friendly? Weighing the water costs
[17:45] Essential cloth diapering supplies and quantities
[21:25] A breakdown of the different kinds of reusable diapers on the market: all-in-ones vs. pre-folds vs. flats
[25:15] How to use all-in-one cloth diapers and choose the right insert fiber
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- The Latest Trend in Millennial Parenting: Cloth Diapers (Vogue, November 2015)
- This episode is sponsored by Charlie Banana. Use code MINIMAL at checkout for 31% off your order!
* Want more episodes like this one? Check out #164: Your Minimalist Play Room.
* Social distancing is the *perfect* time to review your favorite podcasts! On the Apple Podcasts app, hit the Library tab, scroll allll the way to the bottom past all prior episodes, then click on the stars to leave a review. (Thank you!)
* Join our (free!) community here.