Manage episode 261809983 series 2356568
Today, we are joined by a world-renowned coach, speaker, and author. Taking all lessons, mindsets, rituals, and routines that our guest picked up along the way from elite performers, Alan took the intentional pivot into the corporate space to teach the same principles to businessmen and women.
Alan Stein, Jr. teaches proven strategies to improve organizational performance, create effective leadership, increase team cohesion and collaboration, and develop winning mindsets, rituals, and routines. A successful business owner and veteran basketball performance coach, he spent 15 years working with the highest-performing athletes on the planet (including NBA superstars Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, and Kobe Bryant).
In his corporate keynote programs and workshops, Alan reveals how to utilize the same approaches in business that elite athletes use to perform at a world-class level. He delivers practical lessons that can be implemented immediately. The strategies from Alan’s book, Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets from the Best of the Best, are implemented by corporate teams and sports teams around the world.
In this episode, Alan and I talk about lots of basketball stuff. So, if you are a basketball fan and a businessman or woman, you are in for a treat! Alan shares remarkable habits of an athlete and a coach that are worth-emulating and applying into the corporate world. Tune in!
● Getting Into the “Arena”: Alan’s Journey to Being a High-Performance Coach [2:40]
● Coaching Soon-to-be Superstars [8:15]
● NBA Players Then and Now [10:00]
● Insights from “The Last Dance” Documentary [13:00]
● Comparing Michael Jordan vs. Lebron James [18:10]
● Emulating Remarkable Habits of an Athlete and Coach [21:20]
● Importance of Relationships in Sports and in Businesses [34:40]
● The Mindset of a Servant Leader [36:50]
● Book Recommendations [38:30]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Alan is a world-renowned coach, speaker, and author. Know more about him and his strategies through this website: alansteinjr.com
● Grab a copy of Alan’s book, Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets from the Best of the Best, to help you improve performance, leadership, and culture within your organization.
● Connect with Alan:
● Book Recommendations:
o Toughness by Jay Bilas
o Leading with the Heart by Mike Krzyzewski
o The Gold Standard by Mike Krzyzewski
o The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
“Generally speaking, there are less gym rats today than there were 10 or 15 years ago.”
“Kids and players today have so many things vying for their attention, social media being the major one.”
“The NBA is entertainment. The goal of NBA is to put butts in the seats and to sell advertising on TV.”
“The key to Kobe’s success is that he never gets bored with the basics. He always tries to master the fundamentals.”
“Coaching is a relationship business.”
“Any business starts as a relationship business.”
“Your relationship with your employees and customers combined with the relationship you have with yourself is gonna dictate your long-term sustainable results.”
“High-utility skills such are emotional intelligence and leadership are never gonna go out of style.”
“If you are a CEO and you have a 100-person company, it is important to realize that you don’t have 99 people that work for you. You work for 99 people.”
Ways to Subscribe to The Top One Percent: