Manage episode 257649724 series 2356568
How does one get into consulting? Learn about the job and the hows of it from a real and successful consultant, Michael Zipursky.
Michael Zipursky is the CEO of Consulting Success. He's advised organizations like Financial Times, Dow Jones, RBC, Omron, Sumitomo, and helped Panasonic launch new products into global markets. Still, more importantly, he's helped over 370 consultants from around the world in over 50 industries add six and seven figures to their annual revenues. He is one of the world's top authorities on growing a consulting business.
His work has been featured in MarketingProfs, Institute of Management Consultants, Fox Business, Chartered Management Institute, Duct Tape Marketing, and Conscious Millionaire. He is the author of 5 books on consulting and business growth, his most recent the Amazon Bestseller The Elite Consulting Mind.
Michael helps consultants attract more clients, increase their fees, win more proposals, and grow their business.
In this episode, Michael and I talked about the Four Models of Consulting and the right path to take as a consulting beginner. He also gave excellent tips on how to jumpstart your career and how to increase your pricing! Tune in!
● Consulting: Definition and What People Should Think About It [2:55]
● Who Hires Consultants, and Why? [5:15]
● Story Behind Consulting Success [8:15]
● The Consulting Success System [11:35]
● Four Models of Consulting [15:30]
● Tips for Consulting Beginners [19:45]
● A Peek on The Elite Consulting Mind [21:52]
● Book Recommendations [34:25]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Get to know more about Michael Zipursky and everything about consulting through his website: consultingsuccess.com
● Learn how to land more clients, increase your fees and win more proposals with this free 47-page Consulting Blueprint
● Are you an Early-Stage Consultant? Check out the Momentum Course, where you can find over 51 straight to the point consulting video training and more!
● Consulting Success offers the Clarity Coaching ProgramTM, a proven coaching program and framework for consultants to develop an optimized business model with clear messaging, premium fees, and a marketing system that generates ideal clients.
● Michael hosts The Consulting Success Podcast, where you’ll find interviews with high-performing successful consultants about proven principles, strategies, and mindsets to attract clients, increase your income, scale your consulting business and live a life of true freedom and meaningful success.
● Connect with Michael:
● Michael’s Books:
● Book Recommendations:
o Straight-Line Leadership by Dusan Djukich
o Rebirth by Kamal Ravikant
o Am I Being Too Subtle? by Sam Zell
o The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder
o Eat Their Lunch by Anthony Iannarino
o Flip the Script by Oren Klaff
o This is Marketing by Seth Godin
o Linchpin by Seth Godin
“Consulting is providing advice and expertise to add value to another person’s or organization’s goals and problems.”
“Complexity doesn’t scale well. Complexity just creates a lot of complexity.”
“There’s a lot more room in the world for simplicity.”
“Around pricing, usually, what holds most people back is not the lack of skill. It’s simply a belief that they can’t increase their prices, or if they do, they might lose business.”
“The idea is you want to figure out a win-win where your client is going to have a significant return on their investment, and you get rewarded and compensated very well for that solution, expertise, and guidance to the table.”
“Most consultants are perfectionists. They delay taking actions because they want things to be just right.”
Ways to Subscribe to The Top One Percent: