Manage episode 264188493 series 2356568
I am excited to welcome to the show Sean Castrina, an investor, entrepreneur, teacher, and highly-sought-after speaker who communicates with humor and a bluntness that engages and captures his audience. He lost his dream job 25 years ago and decided he would never be dependent on an employer again for his financial security. He became a millionaire by the age of 36. Sean achieved this by becoming a serial entrepreneur, having started more than 20 companies over the last 20 years and still seeks to launch a new venture annually.
Now, Sean devotes his time to equipping other entrepreneurs for success, authoring bestsellers like The Greatest Entrepreneur in the World and 8 Unbreakable Rules For Business Startup Success. His newest book, The World’s Greatest Business Plan, helps people by providing a simple step-by-step plan for those who cannot afford to fail. He’s been a contributing author to entities like Forbes, Inc., Yahoo! Finance, MSNBC, and more.
In today’s episode, Sean and I had a very spontaneous talk. From coming up with a realistic business plan to dissecting why startups tend to fail, Sean offers his insights and experiences that will definitely help you get a better point of view on entrepreneurship. Join us and get into the mind of a millionaire!
● The Inspiration Behind Sean’s Free Book: The World’s Greatest Business Plan [2:45]
● Having the Right Mindset and Approach [6:23]
● Which Weighs More? Being Passionate or Providing a Solution? [8:13]
● Finding the Right Business Partner and Workforce [12:05]
● Why Startups Should Think Like the Fortune 500 and Vice Versa [20:32]
● Starting with a “What If” [24:50]
● Thinking Big with Taglines [27:18]
● Beyond Financial Freedom [29:39]
● Empowering through Partnerships [33:29]
● Book Recommendations [40:54]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession,, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● When it comes to digital marketing for small businesses, you can head over to GigStrategic.com.
● Connect with Sean:
● Book Recommendations:
o Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
o The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
“Financial forecast is a wish and a dream. I can promise you you’ll make zero, anything above that is a bonus.”
“Business is so fluid. Look at the coronavirus, [it’s a] perfect example. How you did business 6 months ago is not how you do business now.”
“The number 1 reason why business startups fail is because the founding entrepreneur falls in love with their idea and the marketplace rejects it.”
“I find needs, turn them into businesses but I brand like a baller. My marketing is second to none is small business rank.”
‘’What one promise that if you could make to your target customers, they will chase you down for your business.”
“Business ideas are a dime a dozen. When I find the right partner, then I have a good business.”
Ways to Subscribe to The Top One Percent: