Manage episode 260860989 series 9452
Giving and receiving constructive criticism is a regular part of work. When done well, it can help someone understand strengths and weaknesses, and it guides them to improve in specific areas.
Feedback is a valuable tool in the workplace. In this episode, we’re going to talk about the value and benefits of constructive feedback in the workplace and how to do it right with Sarah Torres-Ferrick!
Sarah is a human resources officer and the creator of the FUN Feedback Framework. She has worked over a decade with executives at government agencies on growing and sustaining high performing workforces.
Find out how you can give constructive feedback without having to worry about being awkward or feeling unpleasant as Sarah shares her process as well as the mistakes we need to avoid.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How to get better at giving feedback to other people
- Practicing constructive criticism
- More listening and less talking
- Roleplay about constructive criticism and feedback
- How Sarah does follow-ups
- Mistakes people tend to make about giving constructive feedback
Connect with Sarah
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com