Emotional Intelligence, Soft Skills, and Relationships that Work with Brett Cooper and Evans Kerrigan
Manage episode 280109438 series 9452
In this episode of the “Transform Your Workplace” podcast, Brandon Laws interviews Brett Cooper and Evans Kerrigan, authors of Solving the People Problem, about how to build positive and effective workplace relationships. Co-founders of Integris Performance Advisors, a firm specializing in employee engagement and efficiency, Brett and Evan tackle the topics that all organizations grapple with daily. They also provide valuable insight and resources that help teams boost morale and increase productivity.
- The “people problem” is our struggle to work effectively with others in the workplace.
- We must first become self-aware, and then we can seek to understand our colleagues’ perspectives, approaches, strengths, and habits.
- Soft skills like empathy, resilience, and the ability to work with a team are critical in today’s changing workforce.
- Specific language is needed to effectively talk about emotional intelligence --- with common terminology, we can understand each other.
- When feedback becomes an expectation, real growth can begin.
GUESTS AT A GLANCE
Brett Cooper and Evans Kerrigan are the best-selling authors of Solving the People Problem and co-founders of Integris Performance Advisors, a firm specializing in employee engagement and efficiency. They are passionate about facilitating genuine workplace relationships — relationships “that really work” — among the teams they help each and every day.
If you’re interested in hearing more from Brett Cooper and Evans Kerrigan, go to their website and download their field guide (free for a limited time) or take their free survey here. Also, be sure to check out their book, Solving the People Problem: Essential Skills You Need to Lead and Succeed in Today’s Workplace.
A QUICK GLIMPSE INTO OUR PODCAST
🔊 Podcast: Transform Your Workplace, Sponsored by Xenium HR
🎙️ Host: Brandon Laws
📋 In his own words: “The Transform Your Workplace podcast is your go-to source for the latest workplace trends, big ideas, and time-tested methods straight from the mouths of industry experts and respected thought-leaders.”
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com