Manage episode 268349429 series 9452
Most people are thrown into management positions without any official training.
And because a manager’s role in a company is crucial and affects everyone, this can pose problems in the future.
In this episode with Peter Economy, we tackle the lack of managerial training, poor management practices, and their corresponding solutions.
Peter is a professional writer with 20 years of experience in his belt. He’s a best-selling author and a publishing consultant. He also writes for Inc.com as The Leadership Guy.
If you want to learn how to become a good manager, tune into this episode as Peter shares what his book is all about and how you can lead and run a company better!
Grab yourself a copy of Peter’s Wait, I'm the Boss?!?: The Essential Guide for New Managers to Succeed from Day One 👉 here!
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Peter’s personal experience in leading without training
- The number one reason why people leave their jobs
- Bad leadership habits: Why they last and how to stop them
- How you can become a good manager
- How to set attainable goals for your employees
- CLEAR goals: What they are and how it can help your organization
- Creating a safe space for learning in the workplace
- When and how to conduct regular checkup meetings
- Feedback: How often you should give them
- Why money isn’t the number one job motivator
- The best way you can motivate your employees
- Workplace gossip: When you should step in
- The inspiration behind “Wait, I’m the Boss?!?”
- Knowing when to delegate certain tasks and when to do it yourself
Connect with Peter:
Mentioned in this episode:
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com