Manage episode 253808320 series 9452
When it comes to essential decision-making situations, you’re better off trusting your head than your gut. Did you know that trusting your gut is terrible advice when it comes to business and work-related matters?
One of the reasons why a business fails is due to the fact that leaders don’t know when to trust their gut and when not to.
If you want to avoid business disasters, make sure you listen in to today’s episode, as a best-selling author, consultant, coach, speaker and Neuroscientist Dr. Gleb Tsipursky join us to talk about why you shouldn’t go with your gut. He also shares some of the most dangerous cognitive biases for business situations and how to deal with them.
Find out what you need to do when you are faced with uncomfortable and challenging situations, will you reason, or will you go with your gut feeling?
Order your copy of Never Go With Your Gut 👉 here
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Why the gut instinct makes us internally trusted
- The “flight or fight" response
- What happens when you collect too much information for decision making
- The different types of cognitive biases
- The dangers of the optimism bias
- How empathy plays a role in de-biasing
- Why people tend to make bad decisions
- What to do with negative information or bad news?
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com
Connect with Dr. Gleb Tsipursky