Manage episode 257450819 series 9452
We’ve all had the experience of being in a team, where everyone and everything is just not working harmoniously together. What do you do in those times when you’re involved in a team that doesn’t match your interest? How do you avoid issues and build trust among the members?
In order to drive change and business growth, leaders must form strategic teams. How do you get the right people to work for the right teams, in the right roles, and with the right goals?
In this episode, you’ll learn how strategic teams are formed and what defines them with Daniel Wolf.
Daniel is the President and Co-Founder of Dewar Sloan, a firm that provides advice to executives and governance to leaders about teams and strategy executions.
Daniel is also the author of Strategic Teams and Development along with two other books about strategic direction and execution management for leaders.
He will share his expertise on strategy, building strategic teams, and how to fully execute team strategies. We talk about the talent blocks and beams that cover expertise, experience, behavior, competence, and many more! We also cover the issue of building trust within the team, why effective teams are cultural assets to an organization, as well as Dan’s core model in building strategic teams!
If you want to build an effective team and make strategy happen then make sure to give this episode a listen!
Grab yourself a copy of Daniel Wolf’s Strategic Teams and Development: The Fieldbook for People Making Strategy Happen 👉 here!
In this episode, you will learn about:
- What makes us a strategic team
- The types of strategic teams within organizations
- What happens when someone is involved in a team that doesn’t match their interest
- Talent blocks and beams
- Why effective teams are our cultural assets
- How teams are formed?
- Dan’s core model for building strategic teams
- The ideal size for a strategic team and their roles
- Ways to avoid personal issues and develop trust within a team
- Developing a habit of zooming in and out of issues
- How strategic teams develop and evolve
Connect with Daniel Wolf
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com