Manage episode 263019501 series 9452
In this episode, you’ll get to learn more about the Latino culture as Carolina Castañeda del Río, the COO at Hacienda CDC, educates us about the Latino community and culture. She will help us better understand your Latino employees, and ultimately create an inclusive workplace.
Carolina shares her experience as a Mexican working in the US and talks about the differences in culture as well as the cultural aspect of being a Mexican and coming into America to work. She also talks about the common misconceptions and biases that surround the Latino community. Moreover, we cover the topic of diversity and implicit bias and how we can make our workplace more inclusive and less biased.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Migrating from Mexico to the US
- Carolina’s working experience in the US
- Common themes of the Latino community
- The common biases and misconceptions when it comes to the Latino population
- Diversity and implicit bias
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com