Truly Horrible NBA Podcast


Fetch error

Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 15, 2019 01:17 (11M ago)

What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.

Manage series 2300270
By Truly Horrible NBA Podcast. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
The Truly Horrible Basketball Podcast will be dedicated to covering the worst, most hopeless teams in the NBA. The podcast is created by Connor Allen and Daniel Porter. Connor will be the podcast’s formal host, his role will include introducing the podcast and segueing us through conversation topics. We will primarily focus on five teams at a time, chosen at our mutual discretion. The criteria used to determine whether a team is truly horrible will be (loosely) based 60% on the team’s performance during the current or most recently completed season, while the other 40% of our assessment will be dedicated to teams’ long term trajectories. During the regular season, each week we will each take turns doing a deep dive on one of the five teams. Additionally, we’ll address major news and overall team development stuff as it happens. The discussion of which five teams do and do not deserve to be on our list will also be a major conversation topic. We believe that there is currently a void in serious, objective coverage of the worst NBA teams from sources that are not directly affiliated with those teams. There is a subculture among NBA fans of rooting for teams that are more future oriented. Teams committed to maintaining the longest view in the room. Part of our podcast will consist of grading and evaluating each team’s rebuild. Eventually, when our teams no longer suck as badly, we will hold special episodes to celebrate them graduating. Some teams may appear to graduate but then have to return for remedial courses if their successes turn out to be a flash in the pan. Generally what we are looking for in this podcast are teams pursuing innovative, fearless approaches to rebuilding in the NBA. While we acknowledge that in most situations tanking is the best team building strategy currently available to bad teams in the NBA, tanking is not directly synonymous with a successful rebuild. Some teams manage to tank without rebuilding, and vice versa. Also, even though this podcast is about bad teams, we want to approach them in a positive light. One of our primary goals is to highlight how much fun it can be to follow a terrible NBA team. How can we hope to accomplish anything if we can’t even dream.

19 episodes