Manage episode 267115543 series 2439170
This week Dani and Jared interview Payden Littlefield, a Science/Robotics teacher at Syracuse Jr. High in Davis School District. As part of their conversation they look at the role robotics can play in helping students develop critical thinking skills. In addition, they cover topics such as:
- the biggest impacts for teachers who implement robotics into their classrooms
- good first steps into using robots in instruction
- how technology helps students of all different backgrounds and ability levels learn
- https://www.roboticseducation.org/ - This is the foundation that helps organize the competitions that we have attended.
- https://www.roboticseducation.org/resources/ - This is the resources page from that same website. it includes a place to apply for grants to help with the cost of robotics kits.
- https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexiq/education/iq-curriculum - This link has a free robotics curriculum that you can download to use with the VEX robotics kits.
- https://code.org/ - It is a great resource for students and teachers getting started with coding or computer programming.
- https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexcode-vr - This final link is a virtual reality robot that you can program. It includes more lessons with problems for students to solve.