Manage episode 268543191 series 2493158
What should you consider when buying wine as an investment? What's the cold, hard truth about the Canadian wine industry? What makes for a successful wine brand launch? Are Kevin O'Leary's wines as great as he says they are?
In this episode of the Unreserved Wine Talk podcast, I'm chatting with Kevin O'Leary, prickly merchant of the television shows Dragon's Den and Shark Tank, as well as the founder of O'Leary Fine Wines, O’Leary Funds, and O’Leary Financial Group.
- What should you consider when buying wine as an investment?
- How can you benefit from a "divorce cellar"?
- What's the business case for you to invest in the Canadian wine market?
- Why does a $14.95 price point allow you to gain market share quickly?
- Why does consistency in production create a great experience for you as a wine consumer?
- How were the final two wines chosen for the launch of O'Leary Wines?
- What key points do you need to nail before pitching your new wine venture?
- What's the marketing strategy for the first five years of O'Leary Wines?
- What's the cold, hard truth about the Ontario wine industry?
- How does O'Leary Unoaked Chardonnay give you an unexpected taste experience?
- Which foods pair well with O'Leary Unoaked Chardonnay?
- What twist can you add to your whites to make a refreshing summer beverage?
- How does having a cork versus screwcap affect your perception of wine?
- What can you experience from O'Leary Cabernet Merlot?
- Which remarkable wine did Kevin's taste on his first encounter?
- How was Kevin introduced to wine?
About Kevin O'Leary After his extraordinary success at the software company he founded – and a difficult period of obstacles and legal disputes – Kevin eventually found himself on television, quickly becoming a sought-after host and personality on a range of shows – including Discovery’s Project Earth, CBC’s Dragons’ Den, and ABC’s Shark Tank. Kevin has since launched O’Leary Funds, an investment fund company; O’Leary Fine Wines; and a best-selling book series on financial literacy. In 2014, Kevin founded O’Leary Financial Group – a group of brands and services that share Kevin’s guiding principles of honesty, directness, convenience, and above all, great value.
To learn more about the resources mentioned in this episode, visit the https://www.nataliemaclean.com/87.